SailNet Community - View Single Post - Learned a lot last night
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010

EETurner is on a distinguished road
Excellent Small Boat Resource

And more... Small Craft Advisor is a bi-monthly magazine that has featured small, trailer capable sail boats for the past 10 years. The current news stand issue recaps the editors favorite 12 boats of 60 previously reviewed and of course their all time favorite is - "that depends...". Most all are production boats with various hull construction, rig configurations, and some are even positive flotation. I found the magazine at West Marine, but if you can't find it they have a website at Small Craft Advisor - Small Craft Advisor. Also, not only is 'no boat too small', but I imagine that as you build experience and maybe take a class if needed, the land locked sailing will lead to some bareboating. I usually sail Lake Ray Hubbard outside of Dallas on our '83 Tanzer 27, but regularly bareboat Galveston Bay, and have bareboated San Francisco Bay, Tampa Bay, and Marina Del Ray to Catalina for 8 nights. My experiences are not impressive for this site, but it's real growth for me and has been a great time. Welcome to the site and God bless.

Last edited by EETurner; 01-15-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook