SailNet Community - View Single Post - Perfect 35-38 foot 'go anywhere' boat
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
The list and other suggestions all represent good candidates.

One observation I have relates to your comment that you and your wife will be "living out of the salon." It's been my experience that this works fine for shorter duration trips, like weekends and 1-2 week vacations. But it does get old after a while.

That salon space is the primary communal living space for the family, where all the normal daily routines/activities take place. When it does double duty as a sleeping cabin for half the crew, then your enjoyment of that space greatly diminishes. Not to mention the hassle of converting it back and forth, morning and evening, day after day after day after day...

My suggestion would be to focus on a design that provides at least two dedicated sleeping cabins (see for instance, the Passport 42 linked above), that allow privacy and compartmentalization.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook