SailNet Community - View Single Post - CS30 for Solo Nonstop Circumnavigation via Cape Horn?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010

zAr is on a distinguished road
SailingDog: I agree with you that I'd be depriving myself of that pleasure, I plan to do the more leisurely sailing a bit later. I'd like to do the circumnav while I'm still young and strong.

Sailingfool: Yup, that boat was the one that had the mast pumping and hull/deck separation. After the crew abandoned ship the boat wound up sailing itself all the way to Nova Scotia or Newfoundland before finally sinking.
Not to worry, I'm not locked into any one boat yet. It probably isn't worth the expense to strengthen the CS30 when the cost of doing so could buy a real bluewater boat that's more up to the task.

JackDale: Yes, I'd be using solar and wind. One of the decisions I face is whether to go on my own budget and go low tech a la the Pardey's or to seek sponsorship and load the boat with all the latest gadgets and doodads.

Wind_Magic: What I like about the Atom pages is they tend towards vegetarianism (apart from eating fish), so their diet would closely resemble my own (minus the fish). I have to say James Baldwin's stories have really inspired me.