SailNet Community - View Single Post - Oh My, job loss, lifestyle change & living aboard
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Nah, the sea sickness is not a big deal to probably 99.999% of people. I would not worry about it. Crap, I might even get sick on one of those stink pot volmit (I mean fishing) expeditions!

The boating lifestyle is awesome, hard, expensive, and free all in one! You get to pick which one you want to focus on. I seem to do a bit of al of them. We have two kids on board, 6 (now) and 9. It is easy with them as the age is right. However, they have been on boats most of their lives. I am not sure how a teenager would make the transition. Everyone here will give you an opinino on that, but only you know your child and their temperment. I will say that if they are engrained in friends, it could be hard.

There is a great book by Tom Neale called 'All in the Same Boat'. Get it. It is cheap and a grea read. I am a huge proponent of his thoughts and they mirror mine. At the very least, it will give you a feel for what to expect. He raised two girls on the boat.

If I can help answer any questions, let me know. However, my viewpoint is tainted as I recently sold everything to do this and make it happen. And my little sailors take sailing seriously, see....

HEHE!

Take care,

Brian

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook