SailNet Community - View Single Post - Oh My, job loss, lifestyle change & living aboard
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010

Monark is on a distinguished road
Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions. I was totally making fun of my life on the farm....in a good way. What I meant was I don't shy away from very much, I absolutely get the seriousness of being on the ocean with a family and the dangers that come with that. Lessons would be an absolute most for us to even consider this. We have discussed this as a family to some degree,but we are still gathering the facts and info to make the best decision for all of us, together as a family.

Living on a sailboat certainly has some downfalls to it, privacy could be an issue for us, and maybe the small space but I would think we could adjust to that. Our son will certainly have some bearing on this as well, certainly having an unhappy teenager would not make for a happy home.

It appears that many people are turning to boats after financial ruin. Houses are a huge upkeep and mortgages sky high, much more costly then living on a boat. exactly the reason we are considering it, That's the big question I think, where do you turn to live after any financial crisis. Giving the choice we would still probably want our home to live in and a boat for fun.

Who knows what our future holds, maybe a sailboat , maybe not.
Of course I'm holding onto hope that everything will work itself out no matter which way we go.
so cheers to all of you for weighing in on this.
~Monark
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook