SailNet Community - View Single Post - Oh My, job loss, lifestyle change & living aboard
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
You know, and I am sure I am in the minority on this, but sailing is so easy and quick to learn that I am not sure how high I would prioritize it. Living aboard, which is what they are going to do, requires more of a knowledge of systems and how to fix them. The sailing... that is easy. And lets not forget that it has a motor - though that can be a feat to master in itself.

I think the biggest issue (my opinion) is whether you can really survive in the space. That is the killer. And if the answer is no for a sailboat, look at a motor boat or a house boat. Unfortunately, the cost of operation is much higher on those.

Just some thoughts.

Brian

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook