SailNet Community - View Single Post - Key West and Marathon
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Key West and Marathon

The 2 feet of snow 4 weeks ago and then the rain, the Admiral says she wants to go somewhere warm. So we on the spur of a moment (1 week) plan a hasty vacation to the Keys where she has never been.

Saturday-14 hour ride to Daytona. Sunday arriving at Coaplum Beach and Tennis Resort for 6 days (less than $900). Very nice place right on the Atlantic Ocean..pool...2 bedrooms...full kitchen..and WARM(75 every day so far). Monday drove 1 hour to crazy Key West. Tomorrow going back to Key west for shopping and a sunset snorkeling cruise on a 65 sailing catamaran. Thirsday is a swim with the Dolphins where they pull you around thepool with their dorsal fins...something I have always wanted to try.

I havent been to the Keys since college over 30 years ago ( in a VW camper bus) and it has really built up. There are alot of ends of the earth people living here now I didnt rememeber seeing then also.

Usually we plan our trips so wellin advance it isnt funny with lists and lists ans more lists, like when we go to Block Island ( I have 4 lists already for ourMartha Vineyard trip this July), but this spur of the moment vacation has hit the spot. I didnt realize how much I needed to get away.

Maybe we should stay until March.....lol.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook