SailNet Community - View Single Post - coleman-stirling fridge/freezer
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010
CosmosMariner

CosmosMariner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMariner View Post
Right, 'what he (sailingdog) said'!

My son and I both have Engel MT 35 units. Both have been running 3 years straight only down 1 hour per year to defrost. We use them in our homes when not sailing. He took his to the Bahamas and back to Charleston, SC in all kinds of weather and seas up to 15 feet no problems. He had an amp meter on his and said it never reached 2.5 set on freezer..told me to use 2.0 as a working number.

We're taking ours on a 2 month trip to Chesapeake from SC and back. Leaving in 8 days, we'll report on performance. We keep 2 2lt bottles freezing and 2 more in the ice box in the galley. Each morning we switch them so we always have 'block ice' in the galley box. We take ours on long car trips and it will run 12 hours over night and I still have juice to start the car. We both have the insulating jacket...recommend it highly..better cooling and protects the box.
Just an update...5 years continuous use on both units and going strong no problems.... we're currently on a 4 month cruise to the FL Keys...gotta go put some ice cubes in the drinks then sit back here on the ICW in St Augustine, FL and enjoy!! Hope you all are out there enjoying too (even in those 'foldie-wingie-thingies'! ) Don't get out here on the site much but maybe I'll check back in a month or so
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook