SailNet Community - View Single Post - Chesapeake to North Topsail, NC, coastal day-sailing in Atlantic??
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010

ChessieSailor is on a distinguished road
Dear Alan and SF,

Thanks for the informative replies, very helpful. And Alan, let me know if you want to trade boats! Would it help your decision if I told you my Hunter is a good light-wind sailor and the fin keel means I have no trouble backing up??

Anyway, I think I've decided not to bring my boat down for the week but to try and crew or charter or find other ways to sail. I've learned that Wrightsville Beach has an active sailing scene, though chartering is limited. I understand the inlet there is very deep and Atlantic access is easy.

I also learned that Camp Lejeune rents two Compac 19s for something like 40/day. That would seem to be an ideal little boat for river sailing. So I'll try and sail in the New River (SF, let me know if you're sailing that week) and out of Wrightsville Beach while family and kids are happily ensconced on the beach at North Topsail.

Thanks again--ChessieSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook