SailNet Community - View Single Post - Where to move to ? So Cal or Florida?
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010

vegasandre is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by night0wl View Post
It really depends on the neighborhood in Fort Lauderdale. My neighborhood definitely has some snowbird homes, but they're definitely in the minority. I am, however, the youngest homeowner on my street by a good 20 years....no joke (I'm about 30).

Fort Lauderdale is a bit rougher in every way. Houses are older, streets are older...its just a bit more "gritty" than Marco Island. There are definitely "bad" areas in Ft. Lauderdale that you wouldn't want to be in.

Thats the struggle we have...our neighborhood is great (because its on water). But not 2 blocks away are rough streets, drunk day laborers in the parking lot of a gas station and prostitutes.

The best areas of Fort Lauderdale "area" in my opinion would be Victoria Park or even areas like Lighthouse Point. We're talking BIG money there for waterfront....still $1.5MM in most neighborhoods

Frankly speaking, I'm only in Fort Lauderdale because its SMACK DAB in the middle of my wife and my jobs. If I had my choice of places to live in SE FLorida, it would either be Boynton Beach or Delray Beach up north in Palm Beach County. I love the way things are still a bit undeveloped/beach shack like up there. My second choice would be Miami in the Brickell or North Miami Beach area.
Thanks Nightowl

Seems like Marco will be too isolated for the family-however we can still check out naples -since we will be renting anyway till prices bottom. As for as FTL , how do you like the las olas, rio vistas areas? We will be checking out Lighthouse pt also and some pts north. thanks
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook