SailNet Community - View Single Post - Where to move to ? So Cal or Florida?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010

vegasandre is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcitea View Post
I've lived both. Despite its budget woes, California has a better school system. (Disclaimer: I didn't have kids when I lived in Florida. What I've heard of the schools is hearsay.) Of course, as with anywhere, you have to pick your community wisely. I am blessed to live in Coronado. It is a fantastic place to grow up. (Thank God for the Navy. They keep it real.) Another plus is that my college age kids are getting a great (and affordable---more money for the boat!) education in the University of California system. I love the tropical feel of Florida, its relative affordability and proximity to some great sailing destinations, but the kids come first for now, and suprise, suprise: sailing is not my teenagers top priority.
Yes you are lucky to live in Coronado, we love that place. prices are on crack still. still have 25-30% left to go from this point.

Well just so happens my wife goes over her moms house and her moms friend (who just moved to florida in the spring) is back in vegas for the week. She moved to Jensen beach due to a job transfer for her husband. This lady was bitchin a storm on how she hates it there. (she is also from NJ most of her life) hates the bugs ,rain,humidity blah blah blah(funny we had that in NJ too). Lucky I wasnt there. So my wife got a little off the Fla scene temporarily . But I am not .

I just dont want to end up moving real close to any of these guys below:

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook