SailNet Community - View Single Post - Port Washington to Block Island
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010

Culinary411 is on a distinguished road
The trip last year was amazing but we wasted too much time with a broken alternator belt and mainsail issues that needed adjustment, etc... I put a lot of new stuff on the boat and didn't get a chance to iron out all the issues before setting out. Being the first time to Block we didn't know what to expect when we got there so we wasted a lot of time exploring ports along the way we should have skipped. So the trip was as follows; we left Glen Cove late afternoon and sailed to Stamford and decided to rest for the night. We got up the next morning, explored Stamford for the day and then headed to Black Rock. Blackrock was a good time, had dinner, explored some more, stayed the night and left forClinton (boring stop), we were tired so we tied up, took the dog for a walk and returned to cook dinner on board and sleep. The next day was an early start and we went from Clinton to Fishers Island (beautiful and peaceful), waited the night and at first light headed for Block.
I spared you all from reading about the nightmare of changing the alternator belt while three A**HOLES on jet skies circled me playing tag with each other while I was down below working in 3 foot waves wanting to puke my guts out. And the fact that when the sail loft installed my Dutchman system the day before we left the sheet was on the wrong side of the main so every time I raised the main the track was sawing into it until it finally snapped and all the crap came crashing onto the deck sending my spinnaker downhaul up to wrap the spreaders ( talk about Murphy crewing that run), to this day I think its impossible to replicate that event but sure as heck it happened to me. Anyway, I'm ready for run #2......WHO'S IN !?!?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook