SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

US EAST COAST/ BAHAMAS/ PR Crew wanted

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  WanderingStar 
#1 ·
I am looking for one crew member around my age (27) for all or part of Leisurely passage from Charleston, SC to Florida, Bahamas and Puerto Rico (need to arrive by mid April). Departing Charleston February 15th. 31' sailboat, no luxuries, we will be roughing it. The only cost I ask you share is food. We will be cruising with lots of stops, snorkeling, reading, exploring, relaxing. Tell me about yourself, your availability and a photo is helpful. eubankp at gmail dot com

#3 ·
More info

My experience: Day-sailing in the harbor since childhood, 4 years as Surface Naval Officer, and I've taken my boat from Norfolk, VA to Atlantic City, NJ and back, as well as a trip from Norfolk to Charleston, SC. All offshore.

The boat is S/V Alexandra, a 31' Cape Dory outfitted with an Aries Steering Gear*, GPS, Radar, SSB*. As I said, no big luxuries aboard. If you search youtube for the boat name you will see my sail down to Charleston.
e-mail eubankp at gmail dot com for more details
*currently installing

#6 ·
I found them on Sailnet, just as you are doing now. Message Drobarge, he sailed with me and I highly recommend him. I got about twenty replies, met with six, sailed with three. My thread is still on here, from fall of '08. I know that there are other crew sites, some charge fees. I found my crew here, plus one man that I already knew (the son of a sailing friend).
The most limiting factor was time. My trip was two weeks, most people can't take that away from family and work. If you don't find crew for the whole trip, consider offering week long hops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.