SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hair care in the BVI???
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010
Crazy Woman Boat Driver

Melrna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Melrna Send a message via Yahoo to Melrna
Zanshin is right there is a butane curling iron.. she will be out of luck for a hair dryer though without a genset. Those hats will come in handy 24/7. It is what I wear most of the time. I find good hair products go a long way in trying to get some style out of mine when sailing. Good leave in conditioner, and good style type gel for they type of hair one has. I don't cheap out here. The butane curling iron I will break out if I need to go out somewhere nice, otherwise the crew has to put up with the way I look.
As far as enjoying herself, the secret is to make sure everyone has fun. Don't push the boat, don't push the crew, and don't YELL or raise your voice. Don't make her cook every meal. It is her vacation too. Sail, swim, lunch, sail, swim, dinner. Don't sail over 4 hours each day. BVI's are perfect for that. Great places to hang. Get to the anchorage early. You get prime mooring balls or anchorage. Have a system to anchor the boat before you get there. Practice the commands in the home before you go. It will save the marriage as well as the vacation.
PS. I have been know to take a blow dryer ashore and do my hair in a ladies room. Most don't have a outlet but sometimes I score. I just pack it in my large go ashore bag.
Catalina 445, Hull #90

Last edited by Melrna; 01-24-2010 at 09:06 PM. Reason: added PS
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook