SailNet Community - View Single Post - I Want to Boat Sit!
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010

musazwana is on a distinguished road
Smile I Want to Boat Sit!

I am a freelance graphic, web designer and videographer. I am looking for a situation where I can live rent free while working on my next projects. I heard about living on boats and am trying to find someone who would be willing to allow me to learn about boat care while staying on their vessel.

ADDED INFO:

I have a degree in computer graphics from syracuse university and alot of computer science skills as well. i am currently developing several projects for 2010:

a regional media group in upstate new york:
- TV Show on the CW on Time Warner Cable in Upstate NY, VT & MA
- Several Public Access TV Shows
- Several Radio shows on various local stations
- 2 Monthly print newsletters
- website which includes live webcam shows (not of the sexual nature)

All of the above have been started but need some additional development.

I am almost finished shooting a documentary on gun violence and will need some time to do the post production (editing, etc) on that project as well.

Since most of my work is done over the internet, I am open to locating almost anywhere.

Like most freelancers, I generally find myself having to deal with clients while trying to develop my own projects, in order to pay the bills. At 34 I am looking to change my business model from freelancing on other peoples projects to developing my own. I am here exploring ways to be able to concentrate on the development of these projects.

I have a long list of references from clients that I can provide that will vouch for my ability to make anything happen and my willingness to do whatever it takes to make a project work, from programming the computer network, to shooting the camera or sweeping the floors. I am not scared to work hard and get dirty.

I understand that I don't have any real experience, but I know that noone has experience in anything until they make an effort to learn. This is the beginning of my effort.

Last edited by musazwana; 01-26-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook