SailNet Community - View Single Post - the perfect 40' offshore 'go-anywhere' boat
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010

nemier is on a distinguished road
Kwaltersmi - thanks for those suggestions, I've added them to my growing research list. The Swan's will be getting some serious Yachtworld time.

TDW - I remember our chats and meant to get back to you. I recently concluded that my 34' Van de Stadt project proved too costly. I was already up to $470,000 CDN dollars and still hadn't completely costed out the final equipment specs. Long story short, I could not afford it - and all this money and effort was going into a new build that the Admiral was not crazy about and I was aware that the steel boat was going to be too slow for my liking (at 34') I couldn't muster spending half a million on a vessel that wasn't exactly what we were looking for, so back to plan A. For the record, the new build is not shelved for good. Watch this space in 20 years.

All - My thinking at this time, is to go the performance route. I believe these boats will be easier to single-hand which is my primary goal. Right now I'm looking at a Dehler 41CR. I'm finding this all pretty exciting!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook