SailNet Community - View Single Post - I Want to Boat Sit!
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010

musazwana is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Thank you for the positive responses

I apologize for being a newbie, but not knowing how to approach this type of thing I was hoping that any slightly interested party would do what the last 2 people did and ask me what additional info they wanted to know. I won't comment on the negativity.

I have a degree in computer graphics from syracuse university and alot of computer science skills as well. i am currently developing several projects for 2010:

a regional media group in upstate new york:
- TV Show on the CW on Time Warner Cable in Upstate NY, VT & MA
- Several Public Access TV Shows
- Several Radio shows on various local stations
- 2 Monthly print newsletters
- website which includes live webcam shows (not of the sexual nature)

All of the above have been started but need some additional development.

I am almost finished shooting a documentary on gun violence and will need some time to do the post production (editing, etc) on that project as well.

Like most freelancers, I generally find myself having to deal with clients while trying to develop my own projects, in order to pay the bills. At 34 I am looking to change my business model from freelancing on other peoples projects to developing my own. I am here exploring ways to be able to concentrate on the development of these projects.

I have a long list of references from clients that I can provide that will vouch for my ability to make anything happen and my willingness to do whatever it takes to make a project work, from programming the computer network, to shooting the camera or sweeping the floors. I am not scared to work hard and get dirty.

I understand that I don't have any real experience, but I know that noone has experience in anything until they make an effort to learn. This is the beginning of my effort.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook