SailNet Community - View Single Post - I Want to Boat Sit!
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
musa - from what you've laid out, there's a lot of "quid", but not much "pro quo".

In other words, what's in it for the owner? I think that's what you're being asked - and it's a perfectly valid question. And your listed credentials don't help answer that very well.

Reading through your posts - the only "pro quo" I see would be the case of a boat owner that had a personal mission to help young creatives who he/she believed in, or who's work he/she believed in. In that case, you might actually find a benefactor because financial gain or true assistance with labor is not that important.

Apart from that, if you've got no skills or money to help the owner with the boat (even though you're willing to learn them) what is the "something in return"? The "pro quo"?

Maybe those creative benefactors are out there - and it definitely never hurts to ask. But it sure seems like a hard sell.

Personally, I'd sue Google.

(PS - welcome to SN dude.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook