SailNet Community - View Single Post - I Want to Boat Sit!
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by musazwana View Post
Unfortunately I was born with a bold spirit and am willing to ask questions because I want to know the answer, or at least get closer to it. If all it takes to explore the idea of boat sitting is posting a question on a forum and getting some REAL answers from experienced people, I JUST LEARNED SOMETHING! Sorry if I ruffled any feathers but I appreciate those who honestly gave me their thoughts into the situation.
I think you could get somewhere if you were offering to pay part of the marina fee on a boat. There are people out there, with the economy like it is, who own boats and are finding themselves in difficult situations, they don't want to sell the boat, but they also need to cut their expenses, so if you were offering to help cover part of their marina fee I think you might find something. It isn't free, but it also probably isn't much when compared to paying rent, marina fees can range anywhere from a few hundred to many hundreds, and even higher in a large city. Then the owner is getting something from your offer, they might have been paying say 400$us/month in marina fees and you come along offering to cut that in half, if you can convince them you were not going to cause any harm to their boat, or better, that you might actually keep it clean, etc, for them, then yeah, maybe you could find something.

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook