SailNet Community - View Single Post - I Want to Boat Sit!
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Okay - so here's a question...what kind of situation would make something like this attractive? For example, let's say it's some kid with killer handyman skills (fiberglass work, painting, plumbing, mechanic, etc.) and you had just bought a floating trainwreck of a boat in need of TONS of work.

The kid is willing to put X number of hours per week doing a great job of cleaning, fixing, etc. - under your general supervision. The kid's also willing to pay some portion of the slip fee for stupid cheap rent. Does it become attractive then?

Seems to me, as you mention wind, that at some level it could start to make sense.

I mean, forget all the legal/insurance crap for now. I'm just trying to see what people think WOULD work in such a situation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 01-26-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook