SailNet Community - View Single Post - Allied Seawind 30
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010

billsull is on a distinguished road
Hi Seawind52,

If you and your Seawind are ever near the Connecticut River, I'd welcome a chance to check out your boat. I own Patience, ASW1 #105 and we live in Old Saybrook, CT. I've tackled similar projects to you (except the replacing the standing rigging and sails).

Cockerline123 - I agree with Jeff H that the strong point of this boat is its simplicity and the best improvements are those that enhance the existing systems without adding a lot of complexity. Of course, I don't always listen to my own advice - I'd like to install a water wash down pump to replace the "canvas bucket" system for cleaning the anchor and rode. And a wifi system would be nice...

I recently built a website to catalog my boat projects and you can see pictures of Patience there:

The chronicle of my efforts to keep old plastic boats afloat (Bill's Classic Plastic Boats)
Bristol 24
Old Saybrook, CT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook