SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jessica Watson
Thread: Jessica Watson
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Yes, I agree, mostly.

Like I said, I'm not there, this is arm chair sailing at its finest. Let me kick back and swirl the ice around in my glass for a minute.

We don't know how bad the conditions were, maybe another sailor with more or less experience would have been knocked down 10 times instead of 4, or maybe another sailor would have had storm sails up, ran off, and not been knocked down at all. Who can say. I guess my only point, if I even had one, is that if it were regular Joe or Jane sailor and you heard they had been knocked down, you would expect that they had exhausted all normal means and methods of heavy weather sailing before that happened. And I'm not suggesting that Jessica Watson didn't do that, I'm just saying that a capable sailor would have. There are heavy weather sailing methods that experienced sailors use to avoid being knocked down.

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook