SailNet Community - View Single Post - anchoring with a cruiser lifestyle
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010

CaptainForce will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
I have never heard of being charged to anchor but sometimes anchoring is prohibited. Most places have a maximum amount of time that you can anchor there................
I assume that the places you refer to where anchoring is prohibited are in chanels, cable areas, military or government restricted zones or within established mooring fields. I'm not familiar with an state. county, or city legislation that have countered the federal laws provided a freedom of navigation (including anchoring) in US waters. Local attempts made in Florida to prohibit anchoring of vessels engaged in navigation have failed. We have experienced difficulty anchoring in New England because of the areas that are saturated with mooring fields, but most of the East Coast doesn't suffer from this. Please add to our knowledge of these "maximaum amount of time" restrictions. We've never experienced an anchorage with a time restriction. Who records, regulates and enforces this time rule? Thanks, 'take care and joy, Aythya crew
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook