SailNet Community - View Single Post - Solar Panels?
Thread: Solar Panels?
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandLocked66c View Post
I need to research this more, but is it possible to run multiple panels in series to increase output? I know that most panels are just a bunch of cells run in series to give more output. Bigger panel means bigger output. If I end up with enough of these I may sacrafice a few for research!

If anything, my main goal would be to make sure my bank doesn't get 50% discharged at any given time. I don't know what my average weekend of use will consist of yet - hell I don't even have the boat in the driveway yet...
Land, you mean parallel, not series. If you run two of those panels in series it'll up the voltage to 24 volts and you probably don't want that, what you want is more amps, not more voltage.

If you want to start getting creative you can check into just buying solar cells and wire them up yourself, not hard to do and a lot less expensive than purchasing panels. Buy 'em by the case ...

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook