SailNet Community - View Single Post - First post - Long time lurker
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010

nnn is on a distinguished road
First post - Long time lurker

Hello to all.... This is a fantastic forum with an amazing wealth of knowledge....

In way of background; I have been boating one way or another for over 30 years,,, I started at 12 years old in Upstate NY on Lake Oscawana with a small row boat and a 6hp Johnson outboard, then a 16ft Glastron with a 70 Merc,,, my parents also had a sunfish and a AquaCat.... Great fun spending summers on the lake...

After that I did a 4 year tour on a larger boat in the South Pacific - USS Ranger CV-61 - An old forestall class aircraft carrier

Since then I have owned many sportfish and center console power boats in Florida and the Keys..... Blackfin, Tiara, Regulator, Pathfinder, Donzi, etc… I often take the wheel on friends larger yachts ranging from 40 to 65 feet…

Recently, I started sailing on my friends 34 Catalina and have really enjoyed it.... So much in fact that I am contemplating moving away from power to purchase a Sabre 36 or Tartan 37 for Florida, Bahamas, etc....

My long term plan is to get all the kids self sufficient in 10 years and sail the East Coast, Bahamas and Caribbean… I have my heart set on a 54 Hylas or similar Oyster…. Now if the stock market will cooperate I may just be able to get it done!!

Reading this forum has improved my sailing knowledge tremendously and I look forward to being an active participant.....

Best regards,

Triple Net "nnn"
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook