SailNet Community - View Single Post - Grampian 26
Thread: Grampian 26
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010

Jigdancer is on a distinguished road
Although I don't want to "give the boat away", realty is that I need to find a special person that would want to restore the rig. I thourhly enjoyed the boat. With crew and singlehanded I made many trips from Ft Myers to the Keys, up to Pennsocola, over to Miami and up and down the west coast of Fl. This is a very able boat that sets-up well for crusing with two or three people. My problem is that I am in the Grandfather business and as the kids get bigger the boat gets smaller. So, I am looking to put my time and a little money into a larger boat. I have a line on a complete rig that was taken off a G26 when the owner converted to a mini-trawler. The rig is in the Ft. Lauderdale area and I am trying to locate it. To resurrect my boat requires replacing the forestay fitting with a stainless steel "U" bolt that is a simple fabracattion. When the mast went down it pulled out one chainplate, so I would re-fit the boat with all new external chainplates that again could be easliy made. All you would need is stainless steel straps 8" by 2" that would be bolted thru the hull where the old thru deck chain plates are located.

That said, if anyone is interested in the boat I can e-mail them pictures of the boat begfore the de-masting. I am going to Florida, I live in Wisconsin,
to get rid of the grampian and buy a new old boat mid Feburary.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook