SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Most Sailboats by City or County!

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  offline2004 
#1 ·
I'm Moving to buy a boat - My thought is if I want to find a sailboat than I need to goto the city or county with the most boats docks, yards, slips etc...
Does anyone have any idea what C or C i should move to in Florida and or the East coast?

#2 ·
Find a Broker

Your best bet is to find a Broker.

Buying a boat, just like buying a house has a very defined process with buying & selling brokers. These brokers will have visibility to all the boats for sail and for sale in the country and surrounding areas. You may find that the best boat for you is hundreds of miles away and depending on the size you may get a better deal having it moved to where you want to go that being limited to the ones in an immediate area.

Just my $0.02 having gone through the process recently and looking to do it again!

Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.