SailNet Community - View Single Post - Very Good Vendor Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010
ex-Navy

bloodhunter is on a distinguished road
For really exception quality wood working. Phipps Boat Works at Herrington Harbour North is the place to go. Buster is a perfectionist who won't let anything out that isn't absolutely right. I had them do a teak and holly floor in my boat because the curves both horizontal and vertical were more than I could handle. All I can say is that the job was absolutely amazing. It was very expensive but IMHO worth every penny.
I also have had good experiences at Fawcetts in Annapolis. They have knowlegeable people who can answer questions about expensive hardware.Hope they keep it up at their new address.
I also want to put in a good word for West Marine, People at all the stores I've been in have been uniformly friendly and helpful and in some of the stores really knowlegeable.
Actually I've had pretty good experiences with almost all the vendors I've dealt with. The onl;y problem I've had is wioth getting parts for my Volvo diesel. It's like when you place and order they go out and mine the ore, fabircate the pieces, put it together and then finally ship it. They do build good engines though.