SailNet Community - View Single Post - Advice needed on bluewater capable boats
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010
Dreaming...

Hmm is on a distinguished road
Smile

You all have posted very valuable info for me so thank you all, once again Even though there still is a big price difference, at least now I know there are capable cruisers also at this side of the ocean Until I have read your posts, I thought a bluewater boat should have a full keel. Someone called that BS but that was not MY BS, I just had the idea at this very forum. There is this highly respected "blue water cruiser list" which, if I recall correctly, doesn't include a single fin keel boat...

Marty, I will try to find more to read about the Beneteaus and Jeanneaus and keep these names in mind and in the shopping list.

Sailingdog, I hoped I could sail anywhere with a state registrated boat but thank you for the warning. After seeing the She 31 and Rival 32, I seriously started to think that shopping around here might be a wiser thing after all...

And Brian; thank you very much for the links and mentoning Rival 32 and She 31. They really look pretty and close to my price range. They certainly are at the top of my shopping list, especially Rival 32. If you or anyone else knows other boats/ models to suggest, please do suggest.

If one day I happen to be ready and find the right boat, when I raise my glass to celebrate, I'll drink to all of your health
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

Mark Twain
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook