SailNet Community - View Single Post - Intro
Thread: Intro
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010

blackjenner is on a distinguished road
Intro

Hello,

Thanks for the opportunity to play here.

Lessee...

I like rags over motors, obviously, though I'm not against having a motor on a sailboat.

I've sailed since I was 9, when I was taught by my father at a navy base yacht club in Jacksonville, Fla.

I've sailed various versions of Sunfish, El Toro, Laser, Force 5, Hobie cats, etc.

Owned a San Juan 21 for a few years. Rebuilt it from a trashed boat to a capable single handed cruising boat.

I've helped numerous friends learn to sail their 25-35' sloops and such.

I don't get into religious discussions or politics about sailing. I don't care how many names or terms you can rattle off, what boat you sail, or what your book reading or forum experience is. It matters to me how you treat others and how well you can handle your own boat. That's it.

So now, I'm planning on my first big boat. My home goes up for sale in a week or so. I'm selling off 90% of my possessions. I'm looking for a sloop (or cutter) in the 38-45' range. I'm going to live aboard it with my wife for about the next five years (yes I have thought about this well).

I've been looking at boats like the Brewer Puget Pilot, a Waquiez 38, Hunter 38 and (tonight) a 41, and some one off customs, among others.

For now, living aboard, coastal cruising, then maybe a blue water trip or two.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook