SailNet Community - View Single Post - Abacos, Bahamas to Maine ASAP
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010

AlanBrown is on a distinguished road
My advice, leave your boat in Abaco, fly to Maine, then come back when time and weather permit. I would suggest June or July would be the best times to make the trip. The weather can still be boisterous in May.

If you decide to leave the boat in Abaco, you have 3 choices:

1. Leave your boat at TC Marina, and pay $600+ a month. By the way, this a great spot to leave your boat because of its sheltered location.

2. Rent a mooring, either in Hopetown or Man-O-Way Cay (this is where I keep my Hunter 30). Cost about $200/month. Both are sheltered spots. If TC Marina has added some decent moorings in their turning basin since I was last there, this would also be a good spot to consider.

3. If you want dry storage, try Abaco Yacht Services on Green Turtle Cay, Lighthouse Marina in Hopetown, or Marsh Harbour Marina. Cost should be in the $300/month range.

Another tip, if you decide to leave your boat, don't purchase your airline ticket until you know where you'll be storing your boat. TC and GTC visitors generally use TC Airport, while all other folks go through Marsh Harbor. It's a $70 cab ride between Marsh Harbour and Treasure Cay.

Drop me a PM if I can be of any furthur assistance. Good luck with the new job!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook