SailNet Community - View Single Post - Jeanneau SO 45.2
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010

wysailor is on a distinguished road
vadimzh,
I have a 2001 Jeanneau SO 45.2. I was a charter boat at one time then a doctor from Seattle boat and fixed up with new electronics and other goodies. I have had it on charter for two years in the Bellingham, WA area. It has been a good boat. My major expense was a new transmission. I have the 75 hp engine and can get up to 10 kts if I need it but 7-8 is the norm at 2500 rpm. I have the very rare 3 stateroom, 3 head version. What I give up is the larger chart table but many couples and families with teenagers ask for my boat so that no one has to share the potty. It is an easy boat to sail and can handle almost anything thrown at it. It is my first boat but feel I was very lucky to get such a boat on the first try. I will eventually sell it to purchase my final cruising boat but that is another story and has nothing to do with this boat. There is plenty of storage and my only complaint is that there is not enough consistent wind in the PNW in the summer time. It is all in the winter but how much fun is that?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook