SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mac 26M, best sailboat?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010

Architeuthis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailguy40 View Post
Iooks like a much better choice for a rookie too. So come on, whats the deal is it as great as it looks and they say it is?
Never owned on, only stood on them at the dock. My boats have been the opposite of the Macs....but I love them!

They kinda remind me of a small street/trail motorcycles. Us "real" motorcyclists hate them. They are almost dangerous on and off the road with the tires that do neither road or dirt worth a darn. The engines are too small for the street and the bike is too heavy for the dirt.

But they are often the most fun riding a person will ever do.

Mac owners tell me similar stories, and if I was going to get a boat I could pull with the family car it would be on my short list.

So keep researching and maybe start shopping because the Mac seems to be a great first boat. Should let you find out what parts of boating you like, maybe it is the sailing, maybe it is the ability to get da heck out of the way of weather. The Mac can help you decide what you want in your next boat.

Though I have noticed many Mac owners end up with a bigger Mac so for some it is the perfect boat.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook