SailNet Community - View Single Post - Your Crew for Cruise to Hawai'i
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010
Renaissance Man

Andywah is on a distinguished road
I was a certified Wilderness First Responder (WFR) for six years and Have been a CPR instructor. I can do basic assessment, monitor and administer health care: CPR, AED, treat dislocations, breaks, hypothermia, dehydration, clean and dress wounds. As a professional guide WFR cert. is the industry standard for wilderness health care. I can read charts and follow a compass but I've never ploted a course; navigated on open water, only along the coast. I can keep watch, trim; reef sails, track and avoid other vessels, keep track of weather and maintain safety on deck. I've worked on aircraft and automobiles, rigged in the mountains, on ropes courses, and some mast work; high mechanical aptitude.

I have taken the initiative and developed the basic skills on my own, captained my own vessel in the protected waters of the Chesapeake Bay in a a lot of conditions; windless to 40 mph (without a motor). I'm not a refined sailor; I'm green as far as it goes and some what stubborn, but I'm a diamond all the same.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook