SailNet Community - View Single Post - To Jeff H
Thread: To Jeff H
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2001

Bodo is on a distinguished road
To Jeff H

Jeff H

Here is my problem. Iíve been trying to find a boat for quite a while now but the thing is, every dealer I go to say that they have the right stuff for me. I need a boat that will go the distance, a good solid relatively fast offshore boat, capable of making long distances, easy to handle by a young couple in 40 to 50 feet range, something I could relay on for a long time that will take me Ēaround the world and backĒ. I do have some sailing experience but that is not what I want to talk about. The big question is how do I choose the right one, what are the things I should look for when making the right choice, how do I recognize a good offshore boat from a piece of sÖ., which builders in your opinion I should look at, which ones to avoid. Or maybe what would you buy if you had an unlimited budget with at least 10 years of sailing in mind.With all respect to all other posters Iím asking you to answer these questions because Iíve read a lot of your opinions on this message board and you seem like an experienced person who knows what is talking about, however anybody is more then welcome to place their opinions as well.
I have looked at several boats (Hans Christianís Offshore Explorer, Cabo Rico 42, Bowmanís 48, Nordic 40, Tartan 44, and many more) some of them I liked some didnít.
What do you think is the ultimate offshore sailing boat?

My regards
Bohdan

To all of you here is an interesting link

http://www.marinewaypoints.com/market/sailboats.shtml
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook