SailNet Community - View Single Post - America's Cup Multihull Battle Set For February 2010
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010

CalypsoP35 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeelHaulin View Post
It most certainly was a true AC regatta... Go to the AC website and look at the history of the AC and you will see that the LV Cup format is a new race format to improve the competitiveness of the challenger.

The "Deed of Gift" is the original governing document of the America's Cup. To challenge under the rules of the Deed of Gift is an AC Regatta in the truest sense of the sport (no LV Cup series).
Actually, I agree with KH and in fact made that point in an earlier post were I stated that the NYYC actually bastardized the AC with their 12 meter format. So yes, I stand corrected.

The point I was trying to make was that now we expect that all parties will go back to NYYC format of agreeing on parameters of the vessels for the next challenge and will likely include a regatta to determine the challenger and a regatta to determine the defender". This should put a greater emphasis on sailing accument while still putting a premium on design (however, within limits). SO STOP WHINNING!!!!!!!!

There was an article the RI govenor sent Ellison a letter requesting that they consider returning the AC to Newport. Lord knows, the RI economy could sure use it.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook