SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anti- Air conditioning rant
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about
Anti- Air conditioning rant

Those of you who believe that the world will come to an end without 16000 btu's of cabin refrigeration should stop reading now.

Last chance.

I mean it.

Because I gotta wonder what the hell you are doing on a BOAT in the (occasionally) sun-baked south if you can't live without the drone of an air conditioner going 24/7! Come on, folks! How can you say you are trying to "escape," "get away from it all" "live off the grid," or whatever your anti-dirt "- " is, if you are determined to bring with you the crap you profess to be trying to get away from?
Instead, you just have to find a way to make that cheap-ass window A/C unit work, don't you? Generators, macgyvered shore power connections, duct taped ductwork that looks like it was excreted from a duck replacing hatchboards connected to a rattling buzzing chillbox balanced on the bridgedeck. It looks like hell and it sounds worse.

Buy a fan. Buy/make a windscoop. Sleep in a hammock hung from the mast. Suck it up, see if you can go cold, er warm turkey for a week. Those moored nearby will thank you.

I hear Sea Rays come with A/C as standard equipment.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook