SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anti- Air conditioning rant
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
I'm with you bljones.

Last year was my first year without air conditioning and I don't plan to go back to it. I thought that giving up A/C was going to be a lot more difficult than it was, but even when the temperature passed 110 degrees Fahrenheit in early August I did okay with just a fan blowing on me. It turns out that you get used to it after a while and it isn't that big of a deal.

One of the things I liked most about being without A/C was that before giving it up I was always uncomfortable during the summer, because as we all know if you are sitting in A/C all the time then you go outside, it is very hot. But by not being in air conditioning I was pretty much comfortable all the time, no more rushing to get from one air conditioned place to another, etc.

The biggest thing, though, is that it makes it easier to do what you want, because you aren't tied to generators and such, like bljones said. Air conditioning is one of those "it owns you" kind of things, it is nice to get away from it.

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook