SailNet Community - View Single Post - Washington for July 4th
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Sure I have

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Hey Chef...have you ever seen what the community across from me does on July 4th night. They have quite a show in each of the neioghborhoods...is great to anchor in the cove off of our docks and watch it.

Dave
Actually yes, I forgot about them. I think it was three years ago I thought we would take my Mom & Dad and Brother up to Baltimore, at the Key Bridge I decided it wasn't worth it, considering the weather (Mom's not so keen on lighting). So we anchored just off the public pier at Fort Smallwood park.

It was AWESOME!!! They (as you said, all the shoreline homes) started about 9:30 PM, at 10:45 we decided to start back to the marina...all these fireworks were going off all around & above us...it was insane! We took it very slow so to take it all in, we got back to the slip abut 11:15 and they were still going I couldn't believe it...crazy neighbors, I guess they're a little competitive

I have to say last year at Solomon's was pretty incredible, we took a slip at Zahniser's, then scooted over to the public pier and walked over to the boardwalk and watched, the best I've seen in years, but do remember many at Annapolis being awesome as well
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook