SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Sail repair recommendations

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  sailingdog 
#1 ·
I have a couple of torn reef points in my mainsail that I need to get repaired. I was hoping to send it off while on vacation for a week, since the boat will be unused. Can anybody recommend a good, fast, affordable sail repair shop not too far from Colorado? I think it would ship to/from anywhere pretty quickly, but want it as quick as possible! :D

Any ideas?

-Dave

#2 ·
I used SailCare this year, very happy with the results. They did the cleaning/reresinating thing and also a lot of repair work, very reasonable prices. The turnaround wasn't fast, but I sent them at the busiest time of the year. I'm sure if you talk to them, you can work something out.

#4 ·
Using a local sail loft will often be the fastest way, given that Sailcare is probably not local to you, and will require the time for shipping both ways, as well as the time for repair.

#8 ·
GUYS-

I'd point out that if SuperDave hasn't managed to get the sail repaired in the TWO-AND-A-HALF-YEARS since he posted, he probably isn't too worried about it.

Please check dates before replying to a thread such as this..
Superdave ,

Google (use google) sail repair colorado.

Find High Performance Sail Repair and click on it. Perfect for reef point repair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.