SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2010 Sailnet Chesapeake Rendezvous?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Due to my family's hectic schedule, I can rarely commit to dates more than a week or two out, and other obligations tend to trump sailing. But I'd definitely try to make it if it works out.

Rhode River is definitely a good place for a huge raft-up. And it couldn't be more convenient for us (right around the corner). But I have to say, the motorboat and jetski traffic has become much worse in recent years and it's been a while since we enjoyed a visit there. Weekdays are usually fine but weekends -- oh boy. And "High Island" is gone now. It's just a submerged shoal. Which tends to make Flat Island more crowded now.

If suggestions are still welcome:

We were up Granary Creek on Wye Island late last year for the first time. We went ashore and I was surprised to find a big covered pavillion there, that while remote is accessible by land too. I was thinking it would be a good place for a Sailnet rendezvous.

You couldn't ask for a more protected anchorage or beautiful setting. And it's a great spot for dogs and kids if you cruise with them aboard (as we do -- are we disinvited now? ) There's a nice nature/hiking trail, too. My chart shows a boat ramp "Wye Landing" just a bit further up Wye East River near the confluence of Wye Narrows. I've never seen it, so can't vouch.

St. Michael's is just a jaunt away. From the North, if you can transit Kent Narrows, it's not much south of the Bridge.

Just a suggestion...

P.S. I'll take a look at the stickies, etc.

P.P.S. Thread is now sticky. Also, changed thread title to avoid confusion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT

Last edited by JohnRPollard; 02-21-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook