SailNet Community - View Single Post - What Equipment is a Must Have for Living Aboard?
View Single Post
post #19 of Old 02-22-2010
CaptainForce

Har, My wife and I lived aboard our 1973 33' Morgan OI from 1973 to 1985 and on our 41' OI since that time. I agree with most all above, but I am compelled to share a few specific cautions. I would do better knowing the year of production for your boat, but I suspect that any icebox conversion to refrigeration would be best with a great increase in insulation. I believe your best choice would be one of the 12V DC air heat exchanged units with a Danfloss compressor, but the Morgan iceboxes were not well insulated,- do the insullation! Before I continue, send me a PM with the year of your Morgan, rudder delamination, mast step corrosion, balsa deck water intrusion, port leaks, chain plate maintenace and more have some specific characteristics on the Morgan OI's. I would also suggest a design of a bimini top that incorporates the designed cockpit coaming without the added dodger. 'take care and joy, Aythya crew
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome