SailNet Community - View Single Post - Replacing lines
Thread: Replacing lines
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010

pdqaltair is on a distinguished road
Some thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsDream View Post
I am replacing some lines on my 41 Morgan OI and would like some help. I need to replace the line on the roller fuller drum it is now a ¼” line and it is a bit hard to roll up so I want to increase the size any suggestions on size and type or manufacture "I can put up to a ½” line", Second one of my jib lines has some fraying it is ¾” I have been told by a few friends the lines are too big I like the size and it is easy to hold onto, but the question is what type of line would you use and why?
First, does the drum turn easily by hand? If not, there is another problem.

3/8-inch line sounds fine - that is the I have - but the core was removed so that it still fits the drum. If you up-size you may find the the drum will not hold all of the line. Most chandleries will remove the core for you for a modest fee. Only remove the core from the portion that is on the drum when the sail is out, and perhaps even a bit less than that.

"Well, I just climb up to them."

by Joe Brown, English rock climber

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook