SailNet Community - View Single Post - Miami Boat Show, Catalina,Hunter,Beneteau,Jeanueau
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010
Crazy Woman Boat Driver

Melrna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Melrna Send a message via Yahoo to Melrna
Dear Ed
I have toured the factories of a few builders but not Hunter. I grew up next to the Catalina factory in Woodland Hills, Calif. You can talk to George at Caliber for instance on my qualifications. You used to be a Caliber dealer so I know you know him. I also used to work for DuPont in fiberglass composite research for in both layup, destructive and non-destructive testing. I have 3 degrees including a master degree in Industrial engineering. I am a NASA contract test pilot and 20 year military test pilot. So the bottom line is I know a thing or two about systems, engineering, composites and a few other areas. In my reviews of the said boats, I did not get into the "skin deep" of the boat for it would have been a little to much for this discussion I had in mind. I also know how your brokerage firm operates because I have dealt with your firm numerous times when I bought my present boat. You lost a sale on a Cabo Rico you had due to your policies for which I will not discuss on this Internet out of courtesy to you. If you want to get a hold of me, discuss it with your broker Brad who was at the show on the IP 46.
Yes, the above is my opinion and yes everyone has one. If you have something to contribute please by all means do so. The folks here love a healthy discussion. If you find fault with any of my observations please do say and be specific. That is what these discussion boards are all about. All I try to do is present what I feel about the design of the boat as seen from a typical sailor enthusiast. I do want to thank you for posting here and wish others like you would. My wishes would be to have a healthy discussion on boats with the general public sailors and experts in the industry. However, past experiences have shown otherwise. So all we have here is ourselves to discuss the merits of sailboats. You statement,"your comments can be misleading and harmful to others", is not intended at all. What is intended is a "Buyer Conscience and Buyer Beware!" as a prospective buyer chooses their next boat. You statement is common among these various discussion board but lack any evidence of statement when various issues are debated. Therefore, the experts bow out of any meaningful discussions. I challenge you and other industry experts to come out of the closet to debate the merits of sailboats so all sides are fairly represented. I also challenged the writers here to be cordial, respectful and above board when responding.
Catalina 445, Hull #90

Last edited by Melrna; 02-23-2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Added statement
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook