SailNet Community - View Single Post - Miami Boat Show, Catalina,Hunter,Beneteau,Jeanueau
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010
Crazy Woman Boat Driver

Melrna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Melrna Send a message via Yahoo to Melrna
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMassey View Post
I had not read the guidelines regarding Special Interests groups. Now that I have reviewed them I can see as a sailboat dealer there is a chance for a conflict of interest in the eyes of some of the readers. Having been in the business for the past 33 years I thought I could potentially add to the quality of some of these discussions. However no matter what I say it could be construed as coming from a boat dealer and not an individual. With that thought in mind it is probably best that I refrain from any further comments. Boat builders, boat dealers and boat purchasers and sellers are part of the lifestyle that we all love so much. But not everyone will see it that way.
The disclosure statement is there for a purpose. I think most of us are intelligent enough to see through what is written. Having said that and what you wrote, we sailors still like to hear what you have to say and other like you. I know I do. Healthy debate is healthy. I truly believe there is a crying out from us sailors to debate with the experts in the field, hence all these discussion boards that have sprung up throughout the Internet to find answers we have questions. We might not like some of the answers we hear and likewise. It is the silence from the experts that is deafening.
Catalina 445, Hull #90
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook