SailNet Community - View Single Post - Impeller replaced, but did I screw up?
View Single Post
post #6 of Old 02-24-2010
Joesaila
1977 Morgan OI 30
 
Joesaila's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 438
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 9
 
Me too!

Had a similar problem w an older boat and when I opened the cover found zero blades on the core. I used bent wire w hooks on the end to dig and fish out the missing blades. Hopefully you got them all.
On our newer 'old' boat I replaced the impeller and then two years later was enroute to a weeklong sailing vacation.... and noticed no water coming out of the exhaust. I shut down and checked the impeller. Half the blades were gone. It took about half an hour to replace and get under way but I will definetely replace it yearly now. And I always have a spare on board!

My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.
Cary Grant
Joesaila is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
 
 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome