SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anchoring out... laws... regulations...?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Actually, in civil matters, especially dealing with the tax people, the burden of proof is on you.... not them.

I'd also point out that they could easily document your presence, given the advent of digital cameras... all they'd have to do is photograph the anchorage once a day for 90 days... They don't have to prove how long you were there each day, just that you were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pos3idon View Post
Now let's say I violate the 90 day law, is the burden of proof on the local law enforcement? I feel like it might be difficult for them to prove I've been there for more than 90 days since I will be anchoring out. With the cruising grounds that I have in mind I doubt this will be any sort of problem. The particular anchorage in question has a good number of grounded abandoned vessels and no one seems to care much.

EDIT: for clarification the vessels mentioned above are abandoned and then ground themselves over several months of slowly dragging their anchors. So the quality of the sea floor for anchoring is not in question.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook