SailNet Community - View Single Post - New Boat owner
Thread: New Boat owner
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010

daydreamer92 is on a distinguished road
New Boat owner

and already a big fan of these forums.

We took the plunge -- well, at the price we paid, it's really more of a toe dip -- in becoming boat owners. We found a yard owned/owner died/boat has been sitting there for years/bargain of an old Tartan 27 in need of TLC. If you go by the hole in the water boat owning theory, at least our hole starts out shallow, it can deepen later. All we need to do is drive back down to the yard again and get the title. Whee! I really am excited despite the long road ahead.

We go into this purchase eyes wide open that we will never come out ahead money wise and that we have a lot of work ahead of us. We feel it is do-able work for us and have no serious expectations about launching this season.

We are looking at this as a learning experience as much as a boat rehab and I have found these forums invaluable so far in learning what to look for and look at and think about in a (very) used boat.

I'm sure these forums and references gleaned from them will continue to be very useful to us in our fixing up adventures to come.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook