SailNet Community - View Single Post - Wood, Diesel or propane bulkhead heating stove?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010

JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough JohnRPollard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedSailor View Post
3. Propane. Propane heat sucks unless you're a weekend sailor. We have a wall mounted propane stove currently and it will NOT really heat up the boat in modest cold. It also cooks through a heap of propane in doing so and finding a place to fill those heavy bottles is much more hassle than dealing with the other fuels....
Which propane heater are you using?

I would think you'd need at minimum a couple of them for a 41 footer. Our single unit is just right for our 31 footer -- your boat is probably 2.5 times (or more) the internal volume. Ours is the smaller of the two Dickinson Newports (P9000).

But, that said, if I couldn't heat our boat with a single bulkhead mount heater (diesel, wood, or propane), I'd be looking at other options. I just can't see installing multiple units and using up that much "wall space" or drilling that many holes in deck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pacific Seacraft Crealock 31 #62

NEVER CALLS CRUISINGDAD BACK....CAN"T TAKE THE ACCENT
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook