SailNet Community - View Single Post - 400 List/Owners
Thread: 400 List/Owners
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010
Still learning!

Magic1 is on a distinguished road
CD: Have C400 #251 "Magic" on the Chesapeake Bay. Watched your posts with my good friend Jorgen a bit over a year ago and was pleased when he purchased a 400 last March and is now cruising the Bahamas. Our cruising plan is to head south in 2012. After a visit with Querencia in the Bahamas early in Feb, we are convinced that either davits or an arch /w davits is going to be a requirement (I store my Walker Bay RIB on bow and use a 7:1 block and tackle to launch/retrieve) since the wind would play havoc on getting the dingy in/out of the water. Putting together ideas now and see you have both an arch AND separate davits. Wondering why your went with separate systems rather than include davits with your arch. Also, who did your arch and davits and (if you don't mind) how much did you pay?
My wife, who has followed this site far longer than I (I tend to "hang around" the C400 official site and the model site on Yahoo) and enjoys your posts. Until today, we even thought Jorgen on Querencia had the idea for mounting their knife block next to the companionway? He obviously got it from the photo with your wife in the galley holding up the makings for some good adult beverages! FYI, my companionway rail on that side must be further outboard than both yours and Querencia since the Wustof knife/block set (same as yours) doesn't fit. Go figure.
In any case, if you could give me some details on you arch/davits, I'd be very appreciative.
Thanks, Tim Leighton
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook